Friday, June 6, 2014

Making New Friends

Divorcing at 60 can really impact your social life. What to do ... well I hiked up my "big girl panties" and opened a new life's chapter that I'll call Meetup. How I found this network of local groups is beyond me, but I DO enjoy my computer browsing! So I typed in my interests and took a chance on the local wine and dining groups. Walking into  a room full of strangers can be a daunting proposition, but at 60 it was even more terrifying. However, it was one of the best decisions I ever made because it led me to my new family jokingly referred to as "Wine Family" because that's where we all connected. Within a year I was even hosting group events, quite a feat for a woman who can be an introvert in new situations.


It's almost time to leave for a day trip to Michigan wineries.  Stacy and I welcomed each wine lover with a sparkling mimosa...great way to compensate for getting out of bed so early!


Make new friends but keep the old!


Sunshine, great wine, and a picnic lunch make for a great outing!



Here we are at the annual Christmas party. What a spread and the ornament exchange was a hoot!



The great part of Wine Family" are the extra outings. You're never too old to try new experiences and my first ballroom New Year's Eve was a night to remember. Luckily I hadn't worn out my dancing feet  because the next morning it was a definite Winter Wonderland and there was way too much snow to get off my car!


Here we are waiting to be seated at Girl and the Goat in Chicago. What a culinary treat!! Thanks so much for ordering the goat leg in advance, Trina. I sampled food items wayyyy outside my normal palate and it was great fun to dine and share with a large table.


This local Italian restaurant deserved a second outing. Good food for all and leftovers for lunch!

  





Stacy and Matilde ... what would I do without the two of you in my life!!! So many good times, such laughter, and even a few tears. May our friendships continue to flourish! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)