Friday, June 6, 2014

Puerto Vallarta

Woo Hoo ... my first trip to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico! I left the snow of Chicago behind that January of 2012 to attend the wedding of my daughter-in-law's sister, Jill. After an enjoyable flight, I encountered a little hassle in the airport ... I was unfortunate enough to be selected for an extra security check. Imagine a middle age woman hoisting a 55 pound suitcase up on a chest-high counter. Don't want to do that again!! But then it was off on our Apple shuttle to a beautiful resort.




We had nine days to enjoy at the Riu Palace Pacifico




The girls rented jet skies and headed out to see a nearby whale. No need to take the whale watching tour now!


Trying some yoga on the beach!


Someone got up early so we always had beach chairs beside the pool bar. It became the group hang-out.


That floppy hat was from a vendor on the beach and offered great sun protection.


Check out her smile!




 The town itself was a half hour taxi ride from the resort. I felt quite safe wandering the shops down the main street and sampling food/drink at the local restaurants. We wanted guacamole but everyone was out of avocados ... go figure! There were some amazing sand sculptures on the beach and I wish I had taken more photos!




Some of the guys went fishing and brought back something extra for rehearsal dinner!



Each guest at rehearsal dinner was greeted with a lei. Can you tell how much sun we've had!

Finally, it was time for the wedding on the beach. The setting was breathtaking and the bride very nervous but oh so beautiful!



The service itself was performed in Spanish and translated into English. They elected to hold the  reception in one of the resort's specialty restaurants and then off we headed to the pool bar for a night filled with dancing! Right about now my son should be thanking me for not posting some of my photos. Needless to say ... he was REALLY having a good time!!



 Noone wanted the night to end!





The trip was over too quickly and I would love to return someday. Bye Bye Mexico!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)